Friday, June 21, 2013

Birchbox | May 2013


























Contents:

COOLA Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face
(Sample Size - $4.33) (Full Size - $32)
This moisturizer smells so good! I've always been a fan of cucumber type smells so this was right up my alley. It rubs in very nicely and doesn't leave me feeling sticky.

DevaCurl 3-Step System
(Sample Size - $5) (Full Size - $19 each)
When I received this, I had high hopes. I have naturally wavy/curly hair and I am always trying to find better products. I used the shampoo, conditioner, and gel all together and wasn't too impressed. Each product has a strange smell and I felt like it didn't give enough life to my curls. I also couldn't get rid of that smell for a couple of days even after using other products. It really reminded me of the way an incense section of a store smells :/ I feel like my Garnier products do a much better job at giving my curls volume and hydration.

Marvis Classic Mint Toothpaste
(Sample Size - $1.40) (Full Size - $6 - 10.50)
This toothpaste had a very nice, refreshing minty taste. It left my teeth feeling very clean as well. I'm just a little disappointed that one of my samples was wasted on toothpaste. I have a toothpaste that I use regularly and I'm pretty much never going to change from the brands that I know.

Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner
(Sample Size - $5.25) (Full Size - $21)
I received this in a gray color. Not very color contrasting, lol. The funny part is the other colors in the collection are all shades of green...not sure about that. I thought that the eyeliner worked very well. As I've mentioned before, I don't really use eyeliner, so I really don't know what to look for.

◆ Pilot Corporation of America Acroball PureWhite® pen in teal
(Full Size - $2.25)
I find it kind of ridiculous to include a pen in a beauty subscription box, especially when you already included another item that isn't beauty related. It is a nice pen in a nice color, but really!? I went and changed some of my settings around in my account, so maybe I'll get less "home" finds.

Box Value comes to $18.23. This box wasn't too bad but I definitely had hoped for more beauty products.  







No comments:

Post a Comment