Monday, March 25, 2013

BeautyArmy | March 2013

I received my first Beauty Army box earlier this month. I really like this subscription box because you get to pick the items you're going to receive and some of them may even be full size. It is $12 a month and so far, I am happy with what I selected and received.




The box I received was pink on the outside with a pink camouflage print on the inside of the lid and cute pink and black tissue paper wrapped around the products. I really like the box and it's very reusable. Very cute packaging.

Here are the items I selected:


Dermisa | Skin Fade Cream (Full Size $14)



"Lighten and prevent age spots, freckles, and skin discoloration with this light non-oily cream".

I've tried this for a few days now. It says that you have to try it for a few months before you may be able to see results, so I don't really have much to say as far as the fading part of the cream. However, it does have a bit of a weird smell. I heard someone describe the smell being similar to hair removal products, and I agree. It's a strong smell, but luckily it doesn't last too long. I'll have to do a follow up on this product once I've used it for a while.

Macadamia Natural Oil | Deep Repair Masque (Full Size $33)



"Reveal shinier, healthier hair with this intense, 7-minute treatment."

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I'm excited to give it a shot! I've never used a hair masque before, but I've heard good things, so I'm hoping this works well. It has a lot of good reviews on the site.

Mark. | Scanda-Lash Black Mascara (Full Size $6.50)



"A deep, dark black mascara."

This was one of the full size items that I received. It came with a little piece that allows you to hook up to two Mark products together. I thought that was pretty cool. I tried this mascara this morning and thought it was a pretty decent, regular mascara. It's not too thick and lumpy and it adds just a little bit of definition to your lashes. I'd wear this on days when I want a more natural look.

Whip Hand Cosmetics | Medal of Honor Loose Pigment Eyeshadow (Full Size $11.90)



"The final color in the exclusive Beauty Army and Whip Hand Cosmetics Camo Collection. Medal of Honor is a beautiful shimmering gold."

I wasn't too sure about the color when I selected it, but figured I'd give it a shot. I tried it out the other day and find it to be more of a pinkish bronze than a gold. It has a good pigmentation and looks really nice on. I'm really impressed by the color.

Skinn Cosmetics | Teen Tone Eye, Cheek, & Lip Glow (Full Size $17)



"This rich creamy formula adds a natural touch of color to eyes, cheeks, and lips -- anywhere the sun may naturally kiss you."

This was another item that I received the full size of. I really like the peachy tint to this product. I tried it on my cheeks and eyelids and loved it! However, when I put it on my lips, it was a bit too chalky looking to me. It just didn't look natural. I think it might look better if I put some gloss with it though.

New York Streets | Dry Shampoo (Full Size $17.99)



"Add incredible texture to your hair with this dry shampoo. Absorbs excess oils and unwanted odors while building volume."

This was another item that I got a full size version of. This was actually the item that drew me to purchase the box for this month. I've never tried a dry shampoo, but was really interested in giving this one a shot. I now have two dry shampoos that I have received, so I'll have to compare them to each other soon.

All in all, I really liked the items I picked for this box. If you'd like to join Beauty Army, click here!


1 comment: