I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by two great people - Posh from Poshhbaby and Michelle from The Girly Gamer. This is an award given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Thanks for nominating me guys!
1. Share 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions that your tagger gave you
3. Choose 11 fellow blogs to nominate. The nominees must have less than 200 Followers and be told via comment on their blog
4. Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers that were nominated
5. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I am a Gemini.
2. I have two cats named Pumpkin and Phantom.
3. I love reading literature that is about the south (USA).
4. My favorite color is teal.
5. I own way too many cardigans.
6. I work part time in retail.
7. I love the Atlanta Falcons!
8. The Deftones are one of my favorite bands.
9. I want to get a tattoo someday.
10. I love blueberry muffins.
11. I've never had my ears pierced.
Questions from Michelle:
1. Which super villain from comic books is your favorite? Why?
I've never really read too many comic books, but I do really love Bane. I think it's because he is one of the few super villains that I like that is both powerful and intellectually stimulating. Plus I think I prefer Batman comics over the others.
2. Would you rather visit Narnia, Hogwarts, Panem, or Middle Earth? Why?
My answer is probably a little biased right now since I'm in the middle of reading the Harry Potter books for the first time, but I'd have to say Hogwarts. Reading all about it these past months has really grabbed my attention in a good way.
3. If you could only use one specific beauty product for the rest of your life, which would it be?
I'd probably say some sort of bb cream. Right now I'm using Maybelline's version of a bb cream and it does wonders for my skin.
4. Which would you rather wear through the warm days of spring: Spring dresses or shorts?
I'll go with spring dresses. You have so many options when it comes to dresses - patterns, dressy, casual, accessories, etc. It's always fun to make an outfit around a dress! With shorts, I always feel like I'm a little bit too casual because I have a hard time dressing them up during the spring months.
5. If you could marry a fictional character, who would it be?
This is a hard one. I really love Nick Hornby novels, so I'd have to say Rob from High Fidelity. I know this is a bit crazy because this character has a hard time with relationships, but I just really love the story and the movie is even better….plus I love John Cusack (he plays Rob in the movie).
6. Which Fairy Tale do you wish you could jump into the pages of?
I really like the fairy tale behind The Little Mermaid. Just the thought behind it is very intriguing, plus the Disney version has some of my favorite characters. The funny part is, I don't even know how to swim lol….but hey, in a fairy tale, I'm sure that would not be a problem ;)
7. Do you like video games? If yes, name the best video game character of all time.
Even though I don't play too often, I do love video games. I'd have to say the best video game character of all time, in my opinion, is Link from the Legend of Zelda series. I've always loved playing that series and have loved seeing it progress over time. All the different versions of the game are still really fun to play.
8. What is your favorite hobby? How did you get started doing it?
My favorite hobby is graphic design. I've been doing graphic design for many years now. It first started when I created my first website that was a personal page where I made "blinkies" and other pixelated items that people could trade. It was very innocent at the time, but I loved it. I'm still doing graphic design now and really enjoy coming up with fun graphics for people to use.
9. What is your favorite (not most convenient/affordable) way of traveling long distances? (Car, train, airplane, etc.)
I've never had the chance to travel long distance in any way other than a car, so I don't really have a good answer for this question. If I had to choose, I think I'd really enjoy going by train :)
10. What's a personal goal you have that you want to see accomplished in the next five years?
Within the next five years, I hope to have traveled at least a few times to some places I have never been. Right now, my boyfriend and I are hopefully going to Seattle to visit some friends this summer *fingers crossed*.
11. How exactly are you feeling today?
I'm feeling a little groggy because I overslept, but overall the day is progressing nicely and I feel good :)
Questions from Posh:
1. What are you trying to accomplish in your blog?
To gather readers who are interested in what I like to post about and to provide fun graphics, tutorials, and reviews.
2. What are your favorite movies/tv shows?
Movies: High Fidelity, Garden State, American History X, The Big Lebowski, Up, Cold Mountain
TV Shows: Seinfeld, Workaholics, American Dad, The Walking Dead, Portlandia
3. What is one thing you would like to change about yourself?
My social life. I wish I was better at keeping in touch with people and having the drive to just ask people to hang out more often. I feel like I see people at random times, but I never keep in contact on a day to day basis, if that makes sense.
4. What is your favorite snack or food?
I really love nachos, chips, yogurt, chicken caesar salad, mexican style chicken tacos, pineapple pizza, and much more!
5. Do you have any pet peeves?
- People who suck at driving (don't turn blinkers off, ride their brakes, drive too slow, etc)
- Guys who leave the toilet seat up
- Parents that let their kids run and act up while I'm trying to work
6. Have you ever had a near death experience?
No, thank goodness.
7. Name 3 things you cannot leave the house without?
This is very basic reply, but I'd have to say keys, phone, wallet.
8. What is your favorite clothing store to shop?
I love shopping at Forever21 even though I don't get to do it very often. The nearest store to me is 50 minutes away :(
9. Do you get mad easily?
It depends on the situation. In most cases, no, but in some situations I can lose my cool pretty easily.
10. Do you want to get married later on in life or if you are married, how's marriage life?
I do hope to be married one day. My boyfriend and I have been together for over 5 years and have been living together around 3 of those years, so I think marriage life won't be that much different than our current situation.
11. What 3 songs do you listen to a lot?
"Leathers" - The Deftones
"Never Let Me Down Again" - Depeche Mode
"Daddy's Little Peach" - Emery
1. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
2. Do you like sports? If so, which sports do you like to watch/play?
3. What is your favorite dessert?
4. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and how many?
5. What TV shows are you watching?
6. Who is your favorite author?
7. Are you a morning person or a night person?
8. Have you ever traveled outside of the country you live? If so, where?
9. What is your favorite way to pass the time?
10. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many?
11. What is one of your favorite songs?
Sorry if you've already been tagged before. It's definitely up to you if you'd like to do it again or do it at all. Have fun!