Friday, June 24, 2011

Things I'm Loving

I'm definitely loving vintage movie posters this week. I've always had a thing for vintage stuff, and movie posters is just one of the things that tops that list. If you look back to my Art Walk-Through, you can see my Alfred Hitchcock movie 'Vertigo' poster. I also have a Audrey Hepburn 'Funny Face' poster.

My boyfriend recently said I could hang whatever I want on the huge wall we have in the living room. Right now we have giant canvases of a friend's work, but they are not hanging properly and seem to darken and cheapen our space a lot. So, I decided to buy six 11x17 picture frames and purchase some vintage movie posters to place there! I haven't received the picture frames yet, but here is a look at the posters I bought. I tried to stay in the Alfred Hitchcock Theme :)

Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, North by Northwest, Dial "M" for Murder, The Man That Knew Too Much, and Rope.

The only movie out of the set that I haven't watched is Rope, but I do love James "Jimmy" Stewart. Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant are two of my faves.


































































































4 comments:

  1. Great vintage posters! Thanks for commenting on my blog and voting! I appreciate it!

    Angie-Crimson Hill Soaps & Scents

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I bet they'll look spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these old movie posters too - The originals are so expensive though!
    Lovely blog :-)
    Dianne
    YONKS
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete