Monday, February 21, 2011

Art Walk-through

This is just a view of some of the stuff I’ve put in the duplex since I’ve moved in.

This is the bookcase I share with Will. Most of the books and knick-knacks are mine. Pretty much all of the dvd’s are Will’s. At the top I have the peacock I bought at the pottery, my porcelain cat and picture holder with pictures of my niece Brooke that my sister gave me, my leather-like ampersand bookend, two candles, a giraffe, and two boxes of Chinese hand massaging balls. The rest of the items are either toys I thought were cool or other candles, etc.







































Above the bookcase is an assortment of 4x6 prints I bought off etsy. I decided to arrange them in a cool way to take up a good portion of the wall. The ampersand and question mark hooks I got at Hobby Lobby for $1.17 a piece. I thought they were really cool and decided they would add some interest to the art wall. I’m probably going to make another one of these “art walls” again :)
































These 4 images are hanging on the small wall next to the kitchen. I got the two small plaques at Kohl’s for $2 a piece and I got the longer plaques at Hobby Lobby for $4 a piece. I thought they were really interesting and I decided to hang them together in a group.









































This is my Vertigo movie poster that I have hanging on the wall next to the bookcase. Not only do I think this print is really interesting and vibrant, but I also really love Alfred Hitchcock and this movie :)



































This is the window ledge behind our love seat. I have 2 of my avon perfume bottle owls that I purchased off ebay, and 3 candles that my aunt gave me. They are situated in little trinket plates that I got from Michael’s for a $1 a piece.































This is the window ledge on the opposite wall of the living room. I have 3 candles that I bought off etsy that smell delicious! I also have two plaques that say “joy” and “believe” that I got from Hobby Lobby for $1.17 a piece. As you can tell I love Hobby Lobby and Etsy :)


























These are three pictures hanging in the bathroom. I cut the prints out of an old calendar and put them in these black 8x11 frames. It was a really easy and cheap way to add some extra art.




























This is the awesome green clock I got at Good Will for $2. I accidentally scratched up the clear plastic face, so I had to remove it, but it doesn’t seem to be very noticeable.




























That’s just a few of the things that we’ve put up at the new place. I mostly showed the things that I created and bought. We have some huge paintings that our friend Ian sold to use as well, but they did not photograph very well due to size.



1 comment:

  1. Chicago Marketing Company

    I absolutely loooove this post. Your flat is amazing with the artwork. I have a lot of Ork posters in my flat. Love the framed images. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete