Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Roundup

























I always try to watch the Academy Awards each year. I usually try to see close to all of the films in the best picture category, but this year, I think I only watched half of them. I watched Avatar, District 9, Inglourious Basterds, and Up. I still want to see A Serious Man and An Education.

Out of all the awards, I was really happy with:

Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz of Inglourious Basterds
Actor in a Leading Role: Jeff Bridges of Crazy Heart

Animated Feature Film: Up

Music (Original Score): Up


I happened to watch Up a week or so ago when someone brought the dvd to work and instantly fell in love with it, so I was happy that it snagged a couple of awards. I especially loved the music, so the win there was awesome!

I love both Jeff Bridges and Christoph Waltz, so I'm glad they won their categories. Even though I have not watched Crazy Heart, I love Jeff Bridges in almost all his movies. & Christoph Waltz was the perfect actor for the role he played in Inglorious Basterds - to me, he made that movie what it is.

The only upset I had was with Sandra Bullock winning Actress in a Leading Role for Blindside. I have not watched the movie, but my boyfriend has, and he even thought her winning was a joke. I've never been a huge Sandra Bullock fan, so maybe I'm just judging this based on my feelings toward her, but I believe she won because two of the girls nominated were roughly unknown and the other two did not have very popular roles. Either way, I'm not happy with it. It's good and all that she won her first oscar, but I'm over her.

All in all, I wasn't totally disappointed with the Oscars, but I feel like it could have been better. It was very so so.

No comments:

Post a Comment