Saturday, July 27, 2013

Birchbox | July 2013


























Contents:

◆ 1 Birchbox Extra: Set of 2 Bobby Pins
(Sample Size - $1.67)
These bobby pins are cute, but I don't really care for them. They are really hard to get in and out of hair and they are pretty bulky as well.

◆ 2 ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in "Get Naked"
(Sample Size - $8.00)
I'm not a huge fan of nude lipsticks, or lipsticks in general so I didn't even bother trying this. I decided to give it as a gift instead.

◆ 3 Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but I couldn't figure out how large the sample size was. I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I've used other leave in conditioners, so I'll give it a shot. It smells decent.

◆ 4 Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
(Sample Size - $7.68)
This cream goes on smoothly, doesn't smell too bad, and doesn't make my face feel sticky or look shiny. It says it repairs skin damage and provides hydration for up to 26 hours, so I'm hoping for the best.

◆ 5 LA FRESH Instant Body Soother
(Sample Size - $0.83)
I received two of these little body soother wipes. I don't really see the point in this product, but I tried it out anyway. It smells a lot like minty toothpaste, which was a bit strange for a product being applied to skin. Luckily, the smell doesn't stick with you. I was not impressed at all. I don't feel refreshed and it made my skin feel a little sticky.

This box's value falls around $20. I think this box was by far the worst one I've received. Out of the 5 months that I've had Birchbox, only one box has blew me away. I actually forgot to blog about it last month. It was my June box and it came with some really great exfoliator, shampoo, and high definition powder and even some really cute destination postcards which I framed and put in the living room.

After much debate, I've decided to cancel my Birchbox subscription and give some other boxes a shot. I just signed up for Eco-Emi which is a subscription box that focuses on eco friendly products. You can get anything from makeup, skin care, or even food. I'm excited after seeing some of the reviews on Youtube.





No comments:

Post a Comment