Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Favorites from the Month of May

I've been wanting to do a favorites post for quite some time, so here we go! This post is all about beauty products that I loved during May 2013. Some new and some I've used for quite some time.

1. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
source

I love this powder! This is one of the few products that I randomly stumbled upon and decided to try it due to it's low cost of $4 at Wal-Mart. I thought, "Since it's so cheap, might as well give it a try." I'm glad I did because this is one of the best powders I've found! I bought it in the transparent shade and it goes on very well. It hides shine and gives a small amount of color to foundation. Love it! Find it here


2. Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lip Cheek Colour

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lip Cheek Colour
source

I received a full size sample of this in my April Birchbox in the color "14. Perfect Kiss". When I first saw the shade, I automatically assumed it would be too dark, but it's actually a nice shade of light to medium pinkish red. It comes in pencil form, so you have more control over the amount of color you want. You can make it highly pigmented or just add a touch of color. You can also wear it alone or with some gloss/lip balm. I like it both ways. It says it's a mix of a balm, gloss and stain, and this is very true. No matter what I do, I still see the color holding up after hours of wear. I am very impressed with this product! It also says you can dab a little to the apples of your cheeks. Find it here.

3. Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss

Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss
source

I received this in my May Ipsy Bag in the color "Fig". It smells super fruity and I love the color. It's a mix of a medium to dark pink with a few hints of bronze. It goes on very smoothly and I love how it looks! I would definitely recommend this to anyone that loves shiny gloss lip colors! Find it here.

4. Benefit's Watt's Up Highlighter

Benefit's Watt's Up Highlighter for Face
source

I bought a deluxe sample of this a little while back and love it! First off, I really love Benefit's cosmetic line. I have their foundation, concealer, cheek/lip tints, and mascaras and all hold up really well and work beautifully. With this in mind, I knew that this product would be great and it is! It's the perfect shade to blend in under your eyebrows and on your cheeks. I use it a lot and love how it gives a simple glow to my face. Find it here.

5. Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Pond's Dry Skin Cream
source

I've always had dryness problems with my skin, especially my face. I get really dry around my t-zone and it gets very flakey around my nose and cheek area. It's really bad during the winter months and slightly annoying during the rest of the seasons, so I am always on the look out for a good cream. I can't remember how I came across Pond's Dry Skin Cream, but let me tell you, it's a lifesaver! It has a very pleasant scent and goes on smoothly. The only warning I give is to use this as a night cream because it will leave your face a little too hydrated and shiny during the day. I've been applying it at night after I wash my face and it works very well at keeping the dryness away. Find it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment