Friday, August 26, 2011

Things I'm Loving

I'm definitely loving True Blood this week!
























I recently bought books 1 - 10 of the Sookie Stackhouse set, which the HBO series is based on. I had planned to just read the books, but I stumbled across a way to watch the past 4 seasons of the HBO series and started watching before I started reading. I made it all the way through season 1 and decided I should look into the first book before moving on to watch season 2.

As I was reading, I realized that it was really close to what I had watched, except it was lacking a few characters and was not as detailed about Jason's sex life, ha. However, the main theme was exactly the same and even some of the stuff was word for word. Now, I don't know about you, but when it comes to me, I can't watch something and then read it. I have a hard time concentrating on something when I already know what happens. I only have this issue with reading, not watching.

So I've decided to stop watching True Blood at the end of Season 1 and read all 10 of the Sookie Stackhouse books first. That way, I can enjoy the books and then get to see where the HBO series takes it afterward. If there is any overlapping or similarities, it won't ruin the books for me because I will have already read them. I think the reason why it bugged me so much is because it's still so fresh in my mind not to ignore how close they were. Here's to hoping this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment