Thursday, August 5, 2010

Real Life Creations

I've took a break from digital creations for a few days and decided to finally do something with the $1 unfinished wood frames I bought from Michael's Arts & Crafts store.

In the past when I was making key chains and pendants, I had tested bic permanent markers and sealant on wooden circles and liked the effect, so I decided to do the same technique in this project. I have a ton of pieces in my "graph paper" project from high school - basically designs/patterns I created from basic grid format or graph paper - & decided to use some of those designs on the frames.

I started out by griding off the frames and drawing in the designs I had in mind. Then I colored in all the black area and filled in with color after letting it dry for a bit. The next day I brushed on a few coats of sealant and then yesterday I took them outside and sprayed them down with a high gloss coat/sealant.

After looking at the color schemes I realized I had some really cute fruit decals that fit perfectly in the open area where a picture is supposed to go. & ta da, I now have geometric and fruit themed picture frames/art hangings :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jessica,

    The wooden frames are realy nice.

    I just bought the doodle brush set but how am I supposed to get the file?

    Hope you can help me.

    Jack.

    ReplyDelete