Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beautify Through Etsy #2

I did a past entry back at the beginning of April called Beautify Through Etsy and decided to continue posting about different handmade purchases I have made on etsy.

This month I decided to give the bath products category a try. With so much to choose from, I was relieved when I finally stumbled upon a lot of shops offering sample sizes of their soaps for customers to try. I thought this was a good idea since I had no idea what types of smells or textures I wanted. After much research and browsing, I decided on 3 shops to sample soaps from.

The first shop I sampled from was a shop I was familiar with, called Poppy Lane Bath Products.


















Back in April, I bought a lotion bar from this shop and along with that she sent me a sample of some scrubs, soap, and lip gloss. I tried each of the samples and fell in love with the smell, texture, and overall quality of the poppyseed soap. So, of course when I noticed that she offered sample sizes of her soaps, she was one of the first shops I bought from. With so many great smells to choose from, I finally decided on Poppy Seed Shea Butter, Oatmeal, Goats Milk, and Honey, Vanilla Brown Sugar Shea Butter, and Mango Madness. Of course I knew I was going to love the Poppy Seed Shea Butter soap. It has a wonderful fresh citrus blended smell that I absolutely love and the texture from the poppyseeds is a great exfoliater. Both the oatmeal, goats milk, and honey and vanilla brown sugar soaps smell so rich and delicious and the mango madness is just the right amount of tropical for me. All these soaps are excellent to my sensitive skin and they lather up nicely. These are by far some of the best handmade soaps I've come across.

The next shop I purchased soap samples from was Kelle's Kitchen.
























This shop allows you to sample 4 soaps for only $1.50! I thought this was a wonderful deal, so I decided to purchase from this shop. I decided on Strawberry Fields, The Garden, Spa Clean, and Oatmeal, Milk, and 'Honey' as my scents. Once I received my samples, I couldn't believe how good they smelled. Strawberry Fields smells just as it's titled, a nice strawberry smell with hints of grassy notes. It's my favorite so far :) The Garden smells sweet and earthy, Spa Clean smells very fresh and energizing, and oatmeal, milk, and 'honey' smells very sweet and sugary. They all lather very well and don't irritate my sensitive skin, which is a definite plus.

The third and final shop I purchased from was Soaps & Such.

















This shop offers a lot of luxury soap samples for only $0.95 with free shipping! I thought this was awesome and picked three scents to sample: Vanilla Swirl, Milk and Honey, and Pink Sugar. All three scents are very sweet smelling and smooth. My favorite by far was Pink Sugar. There's just something that smells wonderful about it. These were also very delicate to my sensitive skin. Very nice samples for a very nice price :)

Well there are some quick reviews of the three shops I sampled soap from. The next entry to Beautify Through Etsy will be about framing and prints, so be sure to check that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment