Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Shoes and a New Design!

As you might have noticed, I changed my blog layout today.

I decided to go with something totally different from the designs I've had before. I wanted a larger header image and more muted colors. I also wanted it to be a bit more subtle. I made the blog area bigger and also added borders etc. I really like it. The only thing I need to fix is the width of the side bar because I keep noticing the border of the "following" area is going over the edge and it's driving me crazy! lol. Speaking of the following widget, I'm not very partial toward the way they have it set up now. It looks a bit blah to me. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Now on to other things...

I love buying new shoes, especially when I find a great deal. Last week I was searching through Delia's online end of season clearance and noticed that they marked down a pair of shoes I had been adoring for quite some time. I was so happy that I couldn't pass up a chance to buy them! Luckily they had my size in two of the colors that I was interested in.

I snagged this gray flannel pair for $29.99










And this cognac suede pair for $34.99.










They are both made by Blowfish, which makes fantastic and stylish shoes! Of course the only way I can purchase a pair of their shoes without feeling guilty is when they go on sale hehe. Both shoes I bought were originally priced at $49.50 and $69.50, so I got a great deal. Along with the price cut, I also got free shipping as well.

Both pairs arrived in about a week, so I received them today. I was so giddy because one thing, I was wanting anxiously for them to arrive and I also love getting things in the mail, regardless of how small or big it is. I tried them on and they fit nicely. I'd been wanting a pair of shoes that were in between sneakers and boots and these work perfectly. They go with a lot of my favorite jeans and cords, and offer a different color palette for my footwear. I can't wait to show them off!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic designs.!! I am in love with those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! It is so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like the cognac pair. I would wear these everyday. They would have to send the police to get me out of them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the new layout looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete